- Read the entire interview.
- Read the Pope’s answers in context, relative to other parts and the whole interview.
- Reread the part on “discernment.”
- Resist your prejudices.
- Don’t rip a quote out of context.
- Take a breath and relax.
- Just make sure you have really read (think reading comprehension) the interview before you comment.
- Read the entire interview, then reread it (in addition to following the advice in # 3).
Are “pro-life” “Catholic” Obama supporters and John Ridely suffering from the same syndrome? Please, let there be a cure.